A large magazine but quite bad damage and long reload. Still, it's just like a refillable Minigun, so treat it as such.
The Thompson submachine gun (nicknamed the Thompson or Tommy Gun) is an American submachine gun, invented by John T. Thompson in 1918, that became infamous during the Prohibition era. It was a common sight in the media of the time, being used by both law enforcement officers and criminals. The Thompson was also known informally as: the "Tommy Gun", "Trench Broom", "Trench Sweeper", "Chicago Typewriter", "Chicago Piano", "Chicago Style", "Chicago Organ Grinder", and "The Chopper". The Thompson was favored by soldiers, criminals, police and civilians alike for its ergonomics, compactness, large .45 ACP cartridge, reliability, and high volume of automatic fire. It has since gained popularity among civilian collectors for its historical significance.
- The Thompson depletes its ammunition quickly when used carelessly, so be wary.
- The Thompson is very effective when near an ammo source, as you can skip the long reload animation.
- The Thompson has a ridiculous accuracy for its fast fire rate.
- This gun can be fired accurately up to a far range. You can pick off zombies from a greater distance than most other automatics can when using the Thompson.
- It is recommended to bring a reliable secondary when using this weapon, such as the MP5 or Rambo Knife. You can reload quickly with the MP5 and kill more zombies as you are reloading the Thompson, or escape with the Rambo Jump or defend yourself against close zombies with the Rambo Knife while reloading.
- This and the Ak-47 has very similar stats so it's argued which is better.
- It is outclassed by the Ak-47 by damage and reload speed.
- Unlike its R2DA counterpart, this has a circular drum mag.
- However, as of R2DA Update v1.1.4, the Thompson has been given the Drum Mag attachment.
- Can be found in the catalog here.