Platypus is a cargo ship that is in the middle of the sea. There is only one gamemode for this map, which is Survival.
Players must survive for 5 minutes before being evacuated by a helicopter that waits for one minute. This map can prove difficult to zombies, due to the number of camping spots and small, yet elevated, area.
Survivors spawn at the bow of the ship and usually make their way towards the bridge. There is a metal wire that runs along two masts that players can walk along, providing quick access between the bow and the bridge.
The bridge is part of the main building that survivors usually hold out in and is also the only way to access the hull. The hull, located under the main deck, is full of movable boxes and is a good place for survivors to camp. The only way to access the hull is through the bridge.
In the hull of the ship, players can move boxes to create makeshift forts and structures. Along with planks and turrets, survivors can hold out for a long period of time in the hull.
- Try to bring the Chinalake, as it's good for flinging Tanks and getting easy cash.
- Smokers and Cavebats are dangerous when crossing the metal wire. Stay alert.
- Survivors can move boxes in the hull and reinforce them with planks, from the Hammer and Turrets to create forts that are hard for zombies to defeat.
- If the Helicopter explodes, zombies must breach these defences.
- Boomer explosions on the main deck reach into the hull.