The Heckler & Koch MP5 (from German: Maschinenpistole 5, "machine pistol model 5") is a 9mm submachine gun of German design, developed in the 1960s by a team of engineers from the German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH (H&K) of Oberndorf am Neckar. There are over 100 variants of the MP5, including a semi-automatic version. The MP5 is one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world, having been adopted by 40 nations and numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence, and security organizations. It is widely used by SWAT teams in North America. In the 1990s, Heckler & Koch developed the Heckler & Koch UMP, the MP5's successor; both are available as of 2014.
- This weapon makes a great combination with a lot of other weapons, such as the Minigun, Thompson, or Ak-47.
- It is recommended to use this in close quarters only since its accuracy and spread are low.
- You can kill just about any zombie in 3 shots, similar to the Ak-47. Don't be afraid to constantly fire at zombies since this gun has a fast reload speed, high damage, and abundance of extra magazines!
- Since most special zombies have 100 health or less, you can shred them apart without effort, and maybe even pick up some kill steals.
- Smokers and Hunters are your main predators when using this gun. Make sure to keep a safe distance between you and them as you play.
- The first secondary that is automatic.
- The MP5 has the fastest reload speed of all refillable automatics.
- In debug this used to cost $50,000 and had 75 damage.
- To add to that, the price was reduced to $5,000 by accident, then marked up to $25,000, and then the price and damage you see.
- The MP5 was featured in the 2009 version of R2D, the weapon was free and could be obtained by saying "bill".
- The MP5 made a temporary return in R2DA as a primary until it later got removed.