This is an effective hoard weapon in R2D. Can penetrate through zombies, the only ranged weapon to do so. The problem is that it cannot be reloaded at ammo stations. Has a fire angle of 68 degrees and a fire distance of 50 studs.
A flamethrower is a mechanical incendiary device designed to project a long, controllable stream of fire. They were first used during World War I, and widely used in World War II. Some flamethrowers project a stream of ignited flammable liquid; some project a long gas flame. Most military flamethrowers use liquids, but commercial flamethrowers tend to use high-pressure propane and natural gas, which is considered safer. They are used by the military and by people needing controlled burning capacity, such as in agriculture (e.g., sugar cane plantations) or other such land management tasks. They can be designed to be either carried by the operator or mounted on a vehicle.
- The Flamethrower is unrefillable.
- It is possible to kill a Elemental using two Flamethrowers. Although the fire effect will heal the elemental, the initial heat damage of 15 HP will kill it if you use two flamethrowers simultaneously.
- Try not to fight a Tank with this weapon.
- The Flamethrower is VERY efficient to clear up large groups composed of zombies.
- The Flamethrower is able to "shoot" through walls making it good against corner camping smokers and hunters.
- The Flamethrower needs to apply its fire effect at least twice to kill a regular zombie at full HP if using bursts instead of continuous spraying.
- The Flamethrower's initial heat damage is not considered to be fire/burn damage, so fire vest zombies are still going to die albeit a little slower.
- It is not possible to set fire to yourself using this weapon.
- The Flamethrower only fires in the direction you are facing so you cannot aim where your mouse is pointing.
- The Flamethrower does not leave a trail of fire like a Molotov.