Obsolete beast of a weapon. Can shred through hoards, Tanks and the lot. I fail to see a downfall for this weapon, considering it is a melee.
A chainsaw is a portable, mechanical saw which cuts with a set of teeth attached to a rotating chain that runs along a guide bar. It is used in activities such as tree felling, limbing, bucking, pruning, to fell snags and assist in cutting firebreaks in wildland fire suppression, and to harvest firewood. Chainsaws with specially designed bar and chain combinations have been developed as tools for use in chainsaw art and chainsaw mills. Specialist chainsaws are used for cutting concrete. Chainsaws are sometimes used for cutting ice, for example for ice sculpture and in Finland for winter swimming. Someone who uses a saw is a sawyer.
- The Chainsaw can kill a Tank within 5 seconds, but the attacker will probably lose HP from the close-combat.
- Attacking the tank from the back is highly recommended since you can destroy it before it even react.
- The Chainsaw will break through any breakable objects without having any cooldown time.
- The Chainsaw is very good at camping in the escape vehicle as you can mow zombies the moment they get in.
- The Chainsaw does not cut a Smoker's tongue due to balancing purposes.
- The Chainsaw however does kill the smoker as long as your chainsaw is active and makes contact with their tongue.
- The Chainsaw was a highly requested secondary before released.
- The Chainsaw only "works" when pressed mouse button. This will cause an animation and during this time the weapon is active.
- The Chainsaw used to have 60, then 80, ammo but the ammo was removed in v39.
- The Chainsaw is the most expensive melee weapon.
- Re-added to R2DA.