The map CavedIn takes place in an abandoned mine. Players will spawn right next to their rescue boat, and will have to head for and open the blast door. The map contains two game modes and it has a very difficult objective mode that takes even an experienced player a while to complete.
Survivors spawn outside of the cave in ankle deep water. Once inside the cave, there is a group of small buildings on the left side. One of the buildings is boarded up, and another contains a supply cabinet. In the middle of the cave there is a lift that can only be activated by filling the generator with fuel. On the upper level there is another bigger building that also has a supply cabinet. There is also a tunnel blocked of by rock rubble. This rock rubble can be cleared on objective mode by gathering the TNT. On Capture the Flag mode, this tunnel is already cleared. Finally, the tunnel leads to a storage area that contains many movable boxes and a drive-able forklift.
The Caved In map features a lift that can be activated by filling the generator with fuel cans on objective mode. Players, including zombies, can click the green and red buttons to move the lift up and down. You can also press a grey button at each level to call the lift to your level. This provides another way for tanks to get up to the upper levels. Players can also drive a forklift in the supplies room to reach the upper shelves.
- Objective Survivors must collect four fuel cans to power a generator. Once the generator is powered, survivors must find 3 TNT rolls to put in the TNT box. Once all three are collected you can detonate the box and start to complete the next objective. The next objective is to find 6 survival related items in the storage area. Once survivors find all 6, they must make their way back to the boat and escape. The boat waits for one minute.
- Capture The Flag Players must capture the enemy's team flag 3 times in order to win.
- A survivor can throw gas cans off into the ocean, so the map can't be completed.
- A survivor can also try to hide on the supplies behind an object such as a crate, so the map can't be completed.
- Some zombies will spawn above the cave area, and can jump through a hole in the ceiling or spawn right above it.
- Survivors can actually go in to the storage area without finding the TNT's, by spamming jump on the rocks, but the supplies will not be there.
- The rescue vehicle used to have 6 seats, and was smaller back then, only 6 people could escape, till the rescue vehicle was updated, to have 12 seats.
- This map used to contain the most amount of objectives, but has been overshadowed by a new map: BuriedAlive.
- This map has the least amounts of supply crates that is not a boss map with 3.
- This is the most voted map of the CTF difficulty because of the money reward always being above 400$ and the rounds being short as 1-3 minutes per round. This method has been used repeatedly ever since it released. Also known as R2D heros 101
- If a survivor is near the TNT's and it's detonated, the player will die or be damaged slightly and lose a limb.
- According to PlaceRebuilder, the triangular hole in the roof was originally going to be a zombie spawn.